William P. Garten
Bill Garten is a skilled advisor with more than 15 years of experience advising clients and retirement plans on investment strategies. He provides value to the firm’s clients through the development of personalized retirement strategies. He takes the time to educate clients on important investment principles, including proper asset allocation, risk management, and portfolio diversification as they move towards retirement and beyond.
Bill began his career in New York City with Prudential Securities and later worked with Merrill Lynch as Assistant Vice President and Financial Advisor. Today, he continues to offer strategies involving asset allocation and diversification for clients and their assets.
Bill and his wife, Vicki, have been married for more than 26 years and have a daughter, Alexandra. Outside of the office, he enjoys swimming, golf, hiking, snow skiing, bike riding, and fishing.
He maintains the following credentials:
- Specialties: Portfolio Management and Retirement Strategies with Mutual Fund Investing, ETF Investing, Stocks, Bonds, Annuities, Long Term Care Insurance, Life Insurance and 401k Plans. Approach investments and all their markets both technically and fundamentally
- Offers various investment platforms to regional banks and credit unions
- Holds FINRA series 7, 63, and 65 with LPL Financial
- Licensed in life, health, and long-term care insurance, coupled with annuity licensing
- Registered in Ohio, California, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia
- Past President and past Vice President of The Country Club of Hudson
- Former Board Member of The Country Club of Hudson
- Past President of CHAMR (Charleston-Huntington Association of Manufacturing Reps)
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House
- Paul Harris Fellow in Rotary
- Serves as Deacon in the Presbyterian Church
- Former national and state ranked swimmer and water polo player
*No investment strategy, including asset allocation and diversification, ensures a profit or protects against a loss.